Black Lapel is a custom menswear company comprised of tech-savvy and stylishly-inclined individuals with the grand vision of disrupting the men's fashion industry and bringing custom clothing-- suits, shirts and accessories --to the front and center of every man's wardrobe. If this sounds like a place you’d like to be, we have some questions for you...
Does helping others put a smile on your face? Do you notice the smallest of details? Ever been called a perfectionist? Does the thought of bringing order to chaos energize and excite you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding “YES!”, then Black Lapel is looking for you.
We at Black Lapel are looking for an extremely personable and energetic Part-Time Office Administrator who understands that delivering happiness to customers and to our team members is essential for building a great company.
How You’ll Have an Impact:
As a member of our Operations team, you’re the last defense against disorganization. A champion of order. A defender of the right place for everything and a muse for helping everything find its rightful place! Your responsibilities will include:
- Greeting customers with a smile and setting them up for their Style Consultations and Fittings with our Stylists.
- Managing phone lines and directing calls to their respective recipients.
- Calendar Management in assistance of Stylists and Leadership.
- Compile, sort, and organize physical and digital files.
- Office and Showroom upkeep to help promote a positive and inviting atmosphere
- Helping us build a fun team and growth-oriented culture in our New York headquarters!
What We’re Looking For:
- Part-time availability primarily on Saturdays and Sundays.
- The desire to learn, grow and challenge yourself every day and to be part of an exciting and fastgrowing company!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – you’ll need to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and the BL team.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and a strong sense of responsibility. You’ll need to be able to operate independently, efficiently and take charge of your actions!
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized under pressure.
- The ability to type quickly without spelling or grammatical errors (55 words per minute or better).
- An interest in menswear / style and working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience in customer service and/or administrative work is a plus but not required.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.